Sunday 30 October 2016

Welcome to Cracked Screen Bakes!

Welcome to Cracked Screen Bakes!
This is a collection of recipes and foodie thoughts, from me to you. Each recipe has been tried and tested repeatedly by me, mainly through force feeding relatives until they approve.
Before I bombard you with recipes and pictures of food, there are a few things I need to say.
Just don't fall asleep yet.
I am lactose intolerant (as is my entire immediate family). As a result of this, ALL of my recipes will be dairy free, and that's a promise. Of course, growing up, a lot of people assumed that I could not eat egg, as in their minds eggs evidently came from cows. Yes, I can eat egg. No, I do not have the hilarious reaction to dairy that Leonard from the Big Bang theory has. And the only answer I give that I can warrant surprise for.... No, I do not miss dairy. For my mum, avoiding dairy was a struggle, as things like almond milk or soya butter were not stocked in most high streets. Now, I can run to the health food store at the top of my road and grab a block of coconut cheese if we run out.
Oh the wonders of mankind!
I'm not vegan, or vegetarian, or pescatarian. Nor am I wheat or gluten or nut free. However, I do understand the struggles of dietary requirements, and so will aim to make plenty of recipes for each dietary need, however many versions of each recipes that takes.
I try and make my recipes as "healthy" as possible, so don't be surprised if you find nutritional yeast or chia seeds anywhere on this blog. But we all have those moments where something with more icing than cake or more chocolate chips than cookie is all we want from life, so don't be surprised if you see recipes like that too!
Thankyou if you read through this, and didn't just skip it to check for recipes below. I promise that will come...... Soon........enough.


If you have any questions or complaints (or compliments, they're good too!) then please say so below, or email me at
Crackedscreenbakes@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment